1. What is a custom Leather Lurcher Collar?
2. What is a custom Lure Coursing Slip Lead?
3. How do I measure?
4. What methods of payment do you accept?
6. How do I order?
7. How soon will I get my collar/item once I order it?
8. Do you ship internationally?
9. How will you ship my item and how much is shipping?
- 1. What is a custom Leather Lurcher Collar?
- All Hamilton Hounds Leather Lurcher Collars are custom made for each dog. The collars will tighten in a similar fashion to martingale collars. These collars are typically just over 2 inches wide at the widest part and taper down to 1.5 inches on each side. All Hamilton Hounds Leather Lurcher Collars feature high quality cowhide leather, cast or welded nickel and brass hardware, solid brass or nickel over brass double cap rivets, and are stitched in an industry standard “Box” stitch pattern with bonded nylon thread for maximum safety and peace of mind.
- 2. What is a custom Lure Coursing Slip Lead?
- All Hamilton Hounds Lure Coursing Slip Leads are custom made for each dog. Slip leads are used to release your dog during lure coursing racing events. Finished slip leads will be just over 2 inches wide regardless of ribbon width and have a 4ft. soft nylon-webbing leash. All Hamilton Hounds Leather Slip Leads feature high quality cowhide leather, flat nylon webbing, cast nickel and brass hardware, and are stitched in an industry standard “Box-X” stitch pattern with bonded nylon thread for maximum safety and peace of mind.
- 3. How do I measure?
- Premade items: When measuring remember that these collars slide over the dogs head so be sure to purchase one large enough to fit over the widest part of their head. Most of the pre-made collars are made to fit necks in the Medium 12-18 inch since this is the majority of what is sold. Collars can also be made in a Small (Fits 10-15 inch) Large (14-22 inch), XL (20-26) and custom sizes upon request.
- If you are purchasing a Custom Leather Lurcher or Custom Slip lead a detailed description and a picture is provided along with a place to leave your measurement(s) after you select which trim you want. Click here for how to measure. When looking at the picture: Measurement A is the widest part of your dogs heads, this is needed so the collar can slip over your dogs head. Measurement B is taken around the neck directly behind the ears, this is needed so the collar will tighten correctly if they pull or try to back out of the collar. Measurement C is taken around the neck where you would like the collar rest.
- 4. What methods of payment do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal.
- 5. Is your site secure?
- This website is protected with SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, the highest standard in Internet security. Your personal information is strictly confidential, and will not be sold, shared, rented or given to anyone. Online orders & payment processing is safe & secure.
- 6. How do I order?
- Start by clicking on the “Shop” tab. If you see a premade item you like, simply click on the item, select your size and check out. If you would like a custom leather lurcher collar or custom racing slip lead, start by first selecting what ribbon or leather trim you would like and then the website should walk you through the rest of your options.
- 7. How soon will I get my collar/product once I order it?
- We sew every Hamilton Hounds collar/product custom when it is ordered. Please allow 5-7 days to complete your order. We will contact you if there will be any delays.
- 8. Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, we ship via USPS first class or global priority mail. Your shipping costs will be prepopulated once you enter your address at checkout.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- 9. How will you ship my item and how much is shipping?
- We ship USPS priority flat rate boxes for items within the USA. Two items ship USPS small flat rate box rate, 3 or more items ship in a medium flat rate box rate and typically take 2-3 business days to get to you once shipped.
- We ship International order via USPS first class mail or global priority mail and it typically takes 10-14 business days for USPS first class mail once shipped (or longer depending if your item gets stopped in customs). Shipping costs are calculated automatically at check out.